City Hall-Second Floor
208 North First Avenue
Alpena, Michigan 49707
Planning & Development Director - Vacant
- Responsible for the City’s planning function and assists the Planning Commission in all areas of planning and zoning.
- Principal staff of the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Coordinates preparation of the City’s Capital Improvement Program.
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of the City’s Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Ordinances.
- Prepares grant applications and administers grant projects for the City.
- Serves as staff liaison for the City's Historic District Study Committee, the Historic District Commission, and the Wildlife Sanctuary Board.
- Administers the City’s Residential Rental Rehabilitation and Development Programs.
- Works with various committees regarding community development including historic preservation, beautification, the wildlife sanctuary, etc.
- Assists local economic development agencies in attracting and retaining industries and businesses.
- Responds to public inquiries regarding any of the above activities.